NYCTIES PRESIDENT SEARCH AND APPLICATION
As you know, nycTIES, a long-running networking and volunteer organization geared toward young professionals, is searching for someone to succeed our current President. The candidate must have experience in either managing a non-profit or having started a young professionals group in their past. nycTIES has been a long-running volunteer organization in the city, but has recently seen a decline in attendance at events. Over the last year, we have implemented exciting new initiatives to augment membership in the organization and make nycTIES the premier young professionals group in the NYC area.
About the Group: The group is currently based on a recently implemented cohort model with a group of around 15 individuals who contribute to a different function of the organization (Events, Charity, Organizational Development, Business Development, Communications, Member Relations). The individual must be able to manage this group and adhere to an efficient process to making sure the group achieves its KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) on its way to becoming a premier volunteer organization.
Key Skills Required: The candidate MUST be able to contribute a minimum of 7-10 hours a week to leading the group, and working with individuals in the cohort, as well as developing relationships with the group’s charity partner as well as other business partners to raise funds for the group. We are looking for an individual who is entrepreneurial and good at bringing in funds for the group, as well as someone who is motivated and can help drive attendance at the groups events.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- The ideal candidate will have had some experience working with a non-profit group or having started a group of his/her own
- Must have some experience managing a team
- The candidate must be able to devote AT LEAST 7-10 hours a week to the organization
- Management - see above - the candidate needs to be able to manage a diverse group of individuals in the cohort and be a able to get them to accomplish their assigned duties
- Organization - the candidate needs to be able to manage many different functions at once and needs to be extremely organized to execute on all tasks
- Networking - the candidate needs to be able to form close relationships with the cohort as well as with the charity partner and other local NYC groups to host events
- Entrepreneurial - the candidate needs to be creative enough to think outside of the box and be a self-starter
- Charismatic - a hallmark of a good leader, the candidate must be able to work with others
- Persuasive - the candidate needs to be able to convince others to support the organization
- Resilient - there will be many difficulties on the road to growing the organization, and the candidate needs to be able to deal with setbacks well
- Motivated - the candidate must be extremely motivated in achieving the goals of the organization
Additional Preferred Qualities
- Business contacts (or other pre-existing network) that he or she could bring into the group
- Contacts within NYC event space companies or other Young Professional groups
If you are interested, please respond by February 11, 2018. You can copy and paste your resume in the form below or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to email your resume rather than including it in the form below, please note that in the "Paste Resume Here" prompt.
Thank you and good luck!