nycTIES is a non-profit service organization comprised of young professionals committed to building strong ties within the NYC community through philanthropic giving. We develop partnerships with local charities, addressing a range of causes.
May 8 (6:30PM) Power Hour: Job Jumpstart Workshop
May 29th Quarterly Happy Hour (Location TBD)
June 4 (6:30PM) Power Hour: Networking by Design
June 22 (11:00 am) The Amazing Race in Central Park
June (TBD) June Professional Development Series: Speaker
June (TBD) nycTIES IHDF-NY Shadow Day
September (TBD) Power Hour: Brand Workshop
September 28, TBD Mind Over Matter Wellness Workshop
August TBD August Summer Soiree
Oct 10 (6:30PM) Power Hour: nycTIES College Day**
Feb 12 (6:30PM) Power Hour: Resume Development & Interview Skills (#1)**
Feb 23 (11AM) Breaking…Continue reading
If you missed the Charity Selection Night presentations, please take a moment to read the highlights of our top three candidates below, and peruse their websites. In making your selection, be mindful of each charity’s respective programs and which you believe nycTIES could impact the greatest.
Boys’ Club of New York www.bcny.org
- 3 locations (East Harlem, Lower East Side, Flushing); serves between 100-300 boys per day in each clubhouse (ages 6-21)
- Programs include character development/life skills, sports & recreation, visual & performing arts, academic support & college prep, mental & physical health
- Priorities for 2013: increase organization’s profile in NYC; recruit more high school age members; increase mental health programs/services
- Opportunities for…Continue reading
Kelly Davis has been instrumental to nycTIES and our success. Hearing about the organization through her friend and nycTIES events planner, Erica Kasperkowiak, she joined the communications team last year. She now heads the team and has made great strides getting new communications team members engaged, building our social media strategies, and working on PR for the organization. Thank you, Kelly, for building the infrastructure we need to change.
1. How did you find out about nycTIES ?
My good friend Erica Kasperkowiak, who heads up our events team, encouraged me to get involved because she’d had such a great experience with the group.
2 What has been your favorite charity to work with and why?
Show your support for nycTIES by "liking" nycTIES on Facebook