nycTIES is a non-profit service organization comprised of young professionals committed to building strong ties within the NYC community through philanthropic giving. We develop partnerships with local charities, addressing a range of causes.
September 28 (11AM) Mind Over Matter Wellness Workshop
October 19 (11AM) The Amazing Race in Central Park
November 13 (6:30PM) Power Hour: nycTIES College Day
Feb 12 (6:30PM) Power Hour: Resume Development & Interview Skills (#1)**
Feb 23 (11AM) Breaking the Ice
Mar 2 (2PM) MoMA Outing with nycTIES and the Dreamers
Apr 9 (6:30PM) Power Hour: Resume Development & Interview Skills (#2)
May 8 (6:30PM) Power Hour: Job Jumpstart Workshop
June 4 (6:30PM) Networking 101
If you missed the Charity Selection Night presentations, please take a moment to read the highlights of our top three candidates below, and peruse their websites. In making your selection, be mindful of each charity’s respective programs and which you believe nycTIES could impact the greatest.
Boys’ Club of New York www.bcny.org
- 3 locations (East Harlem, Lower East Side, Flushing); serves between 100-300 boys per day in each clubhouse (ages 6-21)
- Programs include character development/life skills, sports & recreation, visual & performing arts, academic support & college prep, mental & physical health
- Priorities for 2013: increase organization’s profile in NYC; recruit more high school age members; increase mental health programs/services
- Opportunities for…Continue reading
1. How did you find out about nycTIES ?
My good friend, Google–but seriously, I was seeking an organization that gave back to the community in a positive way and came across nycTIES using a random Google search
2 What has been your favorite charity to work with and why?
I’ve only worked with the I Have A Dream Foundation so far, and I love it!
3. What is your favorite nycTIES memory?
My favorite memory was my first outing with the IHAD students, “Breaking the Ice.” Ironically, the original session had been postponed due to ice…
4. What’s something you have gained from nycTIES that you did not expect to gain when you joined?
Show your support for nycTIES by "liking" nycTIES on Facebook